Kinghorn, Burntisland KY3 9YE
To enable people working and living in Fife to recognise invitations for help and to intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide and thereby reduce suicide rates in the longer term.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- The ability to recognise invitations for help.
- Learned how to reach out and offer support.
- The ability to review the risk of suicide.
- The ability to apply a suicide intervention model.
- The ability to link people with community resources.
Who should attend?
This is an important course for anyone working in frontline services, where suicide prevention and risk assessment skills are required.
Derek Magee, Contact Point Organiser, Barony Housing Association
Helen Hutton, Outreach Counselling Coordinator, Fife Alcohol Support Service
John Kennedy, Area Coordinator, Drug and Alcohol Psychotherapies Limited
Sarah White, Counsellor, Fife Alcohol Support Service
Steve McLaren, Warehouse Supervisor, Furniture Plus
Apply for a place online.