This is a half day course designed to increase/refresh participants’ knowledge and understanding of issues related to sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unwanted pregnancy and to increase confidence in addressing these issues with clients.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- An understanding of the promotion of condoms as a method of contraception
- An understanding of the types and range of condoms available and how to order from the Fife Condom Distribution Scheme
- Information about how to access specialist sexual health services
- An understanding of the confidentiality, child protection and the Fraser guidelines
- An understanding of their role and the impact they can have on their client group.
Who should attend?
Those currently working with young people, injecting drug users or people living with HIV. Those who wish to be part of the Fife Condom Distribution Scheme providing free condoms to those who may be at risk from blood borne viruses, sexually transmitted infections or unwanted pregnancy.