To increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues and to explore effective means of supporting and including LGBT people within working practices.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- An increased knowledge and understanding of issues facing LGBT communities
- An increased competence and confidence to address LGBT issues within their workplace and working practice
- Identified sources of support and information for workers and clients
- An increased awareness of their own values and attitudes
- A better understanding of LGBT legislation.
Who should attend?
People working with a wide range of client groups who would like to improve their general awareness and understanding of LGBT issues. Those who have little or no prior experience of addressing LGBT issues within their work and would like to gain more knowledge and skills in this area. Those wanting an introduction to exploring effective practice in relation to LGBT issues.