Kinghorn, Burntisland KY3 9YE
To provide participants with the knowledge and skills to enable more effective engagement with tobacco and cannabis users.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of tobacco and cannabis use
- An increased knowledge of the types of cannabis and the variation in strength and quality
- Learned about the short and long term effects of cannabis use
- Gained an understanding of cannabis risks and how to address them
- Knowledge of how to implement harm reduction strategies with users
- More confidence in discussing smoking and cannabis with users.
Who should attend?
Stop smoking advisors, drug workers, teachers and social workers encounter cannabis use more frequently than any other controlled drug. Despite this many workers feel under confident when addressing cannabis use. Some workers may not feel that cannabis use is an issue, while other may believe that there is little scope for education, harm reduction or addressing dependency. This course is to help workers gain knowledge and confidence in working with smoking and cannabis users. In the current economic climate debt advisors will benefit from this course.
Nylivet Consultancy, Freelance Trainer
Apply for a place online.