This course aims to demystify and clarify the processes underlying self harm and empower workers to respond in a thoughtful and helpful way.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Shared and discussed professional and personal dilemmas
- Viewed self harm in a broader context
- Identified life events underlying self harm
- Furthered their understanding of ‘how it works’ for people
- Shared and promoted ideas on helpful and unhelpful responses to self harm.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to anyone who may come into contact with children and young people who self harm.