Lochgelly KY5 8AL
To provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge necessary for them to lead health walks safely and effectively.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Knowledge of the main benefits of regular walking and the barriers to physical activity
- An understanding of the recommended amount and type of physical activity for health benefits
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a walk leader
- A practical understanding of the purpose and components of a health walk
- The skills to recognise potential hazards on a health walk
- Experienced a demonstration health walk.
Who should attend?
Voluntary sector, NHS Fife staff, local authority and anyone with an interest in physical activity.
Apply for a place online.