The Faculty of Public Health Scotland has published a document setting out some of the actions they believe should be taken to address health inequalities for best effect in Scotland. These include:
- Including health in all policies for Scotland.
- Making taxation more progressive, including income tax, to reduce inequalities.
- Mitigating the adverse impacts of welfare reform on the most vulnerable
- Introducing a minimum wage for healthy living.
- Reducing child poverty and mitigate its adverse impacts.
- Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- Using the Community Empowerment Act to improve population mental health
- Increasing investment in integrated public transport and active travel and prioritise walking and cycling in the built environment.
It’s available at http://www.fph.org.uk/healthy_lives_fairer_futures