To increase the knowledge and skills of those working with young people (11-18 year olds) in how they can contribute to improving health and wellbeing, addressing risk taking behaviour and tackling health inequalities.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Identified the main factors which influence young people’s health and wellbeing
- Explored the underlying causes of risk taking behaviour in young people
- Knowledge of how their own practice impacts upon the health and wellbeing of young people
- Discussed the main approaches within health promotion which improve the health and wellbeing of young people
- Identified which approaches can be adopted within their own practice to improve health and risk taking behaviours in young people.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works with young people in any setting in Fife, including foster carers.