To ensure participants are familiar with current maternal and infant nutrition guidelines, the evidence that supports them and the importance of creating supportive environments for breastfeeding.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Awareness of the importance of early nutrition for health
- Awareness of the value of breastfeeding and why breastfeeding matters
- A basic understanding of how breastfeeding works
- An appreciation of barriers to successful breastfeeding
- Awareness of the importance of creating a supportive environment for breastfeeding
- Awareness of referral pathways for additional support.
Who should attend?
Those who work with pregnant women/new mothers and families, who discuss infant feeding as part of their role. For example, health visiting team support staff, maternity services support staff, local authority staff such as: early years workers, nursery staff and voluntary sector staff.
Lisa Cruickshank, Specialist Dietitian, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership