To increase the knowledge and understanding of those with a hearing loss.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- An understanding of the different types of hearing loss
- An understanding of the statistics of hearing loss in the UK and Fife
- An understanding of the difficulties people with a hearing loss have and how to resolve them
- The ability to recognise anyone who has a hearing loss
- The skills for effective communication
- The knowledge of how to use sign language interpreters.
Who should attend?
This course is open to anyone working in NHS, local authority, health and social care and the voluntary sector.
Ailsa Flett, Development Worker, Deaf Communication Service