This course aims to raise awareness on body image in young people, how negative body image impacts on mental health and wellbeing and how to support positive body confidence.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Explored their own values and attitudes in relation to body image and appearance
- Increased understanding on what body image is, what influences body image and its effects on mental health and wellbeing
- Considered how to spot warning signs of poor body image in children and young people
- Considered how language and labelling affects our body confidence
- Explored some examples of activities to support children’s and young people’s body confidence.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to anyone who works with children and young people on a one-to-one or group basis, including foster carers.
Yvonne Wynia, Health Promotion Officer – Children & Young People, Fife Health and Social Care Partnership
Louise Stean, Our Minds Matter Champion, Fife Council
Steph Sharp, MST Therapist