This session will explore the opportunities to support children and young people in Fife where unhealthy weight (overweight) is an issue.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Relevant information to share about the service and the criteria for referral
- Increased understanding of Child Healthy Weight – BEST in Fife (Be active, Eat well, Stay healthy and Together in Fife)
- Increased knowledge and skills to support health behaviour change
- Increased confidence to raise the issue of Child Healthy Weight
- Information on resources available
Who should attend?
This course is of particular relevance to anyone working with children and young people 2-15 years and their families. Health Professionals, AHP’s, public and voluntary sector staff will have the opportunity to discuss raising the issue of child healthy weight and leave the session with increased understanding and confidence.