To enable participants to explore the skills and qualities required by a facilitator.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Clarified what facilitation means and understood the role of the facilitator
- Explored how attitudes and values impact on facilitation
- Identified their own strengths and areas for development as a facilitator
- Experienced a number of facilitation tools ‘in action’ and have considered how to select the appropriate tool for the task
- Planned a short facilitation session and developed a design template.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who is new to facilitation or would like to develop their facilitation skills.
This course is a good follow-on from “Making Groupwork more Effective”.
Annemarie Smith, Health Promotion Officer – Workplace, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership
Charlotte Macintosh, Sessional Worker, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership
Jo Ross, Community Education Worker, Fife Council
Kelly Higgins, Health Promotion Training Co-ordinator, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership
Mhairi Gilmour, Public Health Research & Development Officer, NHS Fife
Val Wright, Workforce Project Manager, Scottish Golf