To enable participants to support adults they work with to adopt healthier lifestyles.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Familiarity with the new guidelines for promoting physical activity and reducing sedentary behaviour
- An understanding of the key messages for healthy eating and physical activity in adults
- An understanding of the risk factors associated with poor diet and physical inactivity
- Awareness of the importance of behaviour change in adopting healthier lifestyles
- Increased knowledge of available resources and techniques that encourage healthy eating and physical activity
- Increased confidence to support others to adopt healthier lifestyles through healthy eating and physical activity.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who is in a position to provide adults with the support to improve their lifestyles through healthy eating and physical activity.
Lyndsay Clark, Senior Health Promotion Officer – Food & Health, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership
Vicki Bennett, Health Promotion Dietitian, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership
Fiona Ashton-Jones, Physical Activity Co-ordinator, Fife Council
Ann Kerr, Physical Activity Co-ordinator, Fife Council