To provide an overview of key aspects of taking a personal outcomes approach to conversations.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Explored the values and beliefs which supports an outcomes, assets based approach
- Reflected on their understanding of facilitative and enabling approaches
- Been introduced to an overview of outcomes focussed conversations and a range of flexible and person centred conversational strategies and techniques
- Explored the importance and value of listening to a person’s story
- Become aware of a shift from listening to problems in order to fix to, listening to problems in order to acknowledge, discover signs of resilience, identify coping behaviour and possible evidence of already existing solutions
- Been introduced to a set of ‘micro skills’ to enable people to think about what they want.
Who should attend?
This course will benefit those who have supportive conversations. In particular those who are having conversations with people living with long term conditions or dealing with challenges either at work or home. It will be applicable for all NHS staff, those in the voluntary sector or health and social care partnership.
Elizabeth Norby, Personal Outcomes Network Manager, NHS Fife
Alison Linyard, Personal Outcomes Programme Manager, NHS Fife
Jill Sunter, Health Promotion Officer, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership