To raise awareness of the nature and impact of poverty in Fife today and to equip participants with knowledge of how and when to contact local specialist services.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- The understanding of the nature of poverty in Fife today
- Gained knowledge of the different types of financial hardship and crisis faced by households such as fuel poverty and food insecurity and types of ‘hidden poverty’
- An understanding of relationships between hardship and issues including offending, substance misuse, and gender based violence
- An understanding of how poverty impacts health and wellbeing
- The skills raise the issue sensitively about poverty
- Identified support services for staff working in this area.
Who should attend?
This introductory course is ideal for anyone who is fairly new to working with people who are affected by poverty and would like to refresh their knowledge and skills in what support services are available.
Vicky Wilson, Development Worker (Professional Practice and Protection), Fife Council
Natalie Bate, Assistant Health Promotion Officer, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership