This course aims to provide participants with the knowledge and appreciation of the importance of good nutrition for older people and how to support them to eat well.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- An awareness of the main principles of a balanced diet
- An understanding of the importance of good nutrition for health and wellbeing
- An awareness of the nutritional and health needs of older people and understand influences and barriers which affect good food choice
- An understanding of the causes, signs, symptoms and health risks of malnutrition and dehydration
- Gained knowledge and confidence to be able to advise and support older people to eat well.
Who should attend?
Anybody working with or supporting older people and their families, including health professionals, AHP’s, voluntary sector staff and anyone working within the care sector.