To provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge necessary for them to lead health walks safely and effectively.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Knowledge of the main benefits of regular walking and the barriers to physical activity
- An understanding of the recommended amount and type of physical activity for health benefits
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a walk leader
- A practical understanding of the purpose and components of a health walk
- The skills to recognise potential hazards on a health walk
- Experienced a demonstration health walk.
Who should attend?
Voluntary sector, NHS Fife staff, local authority and anyone with an interest in physical activity.